FANTASY BASEBALL 2022 – SECOND BASEMAN
1. TREA TURNER | LA Dodgers | Other Positions: SS
-premium offensive player who only qualifies at 2B this year – a huge bonus.
2 OZZIE ALBIES | Atlanta
– 30 HR/20 SB/100R/100RBI last year. Only behind Turner because no SS availability.
3 MOOKIE BETTS | LA Dodgers | Other Positions: RF, CF
– he’s not a 2B on every platform but if he is on yours, he’s more valuable here than at OF.
4 MARCUS SEMIEN | Texas | Other Positions: SS
– this might be the last year he’s also a SS. Texas’ lineup ain’t like Toronto’s, though.
5 WHIT MERRIFIELD | Kansas City | Other Positions: RF
– current iron man’s BA and power slipped last year but 40 steals are hard to find anywhere.
6 JOSE ALTUVE | Houston
– He’s now officially getting drafted too late because he’s disliked. Don’t be that guy.
7 BRANDON LOWE | Tampa Bay |Other Positions: RF, LF
– if you can get 40 HR power from a 2B after the first few rounds, you don’t hesitate.
8 MAX MUNCY | LA Dodgers | Other Positions: 1B
– tough to draft right now because his status from last year’s elbow injury is unclear..
9 JORGE POLANCO | Minnesota | Other Positions: SS
– was 16th on the shortstop list, but I have him at the back end of the second tier here.
10 JAVIER BAEZ | Detroit | Other Positions: SS
– 31 HR and 18 SB are nothing to sneeze at. Comerica Park makes a repeat tough, though.
11 JONATHAN INDIA | Cincinnati
– 2021 NL ROY seemed to come out of nowhere last year, almost got Reds to the playoffs.
12 JAZZ CHISHOLM | Miami | Other Positions: SS
– India got more flowers, but fellow NL rookie Chisholm’s numbers were almost as good.
13 DJ LEMAHIEU | NY Yankees | Other Positions: 3B, 1B
– He either was hurt and had a bad year or got old quickly. Bet on somewhere in between.
14 KETEL MARTE | Arizona | Other Positions: CF
– superstar numbers in 2019 but struggled with injuries & inconsistency since. Rebound?
15 KOLTEN WONG | Milwaukee
– won’t blow you away but has some speed & some power and his glove ensures he’ll play.
16 CHRIS TAYLOR | LA Dodgers | Other Positions: LF, CF, RF, SS, 3B
– every Dodgers starter is on this list and Taylor is on every list. He can be your 2B starter.
17 JEAN SEGURA | Philadelphia
– still gets you a bit of everything, including BA. He’s only 32, but feels older somehow.
18 TOMMY EDMAN | St. Louis | Other Positions: RF
– if he’s on your team you needed steals and it was getting late. Not much help otherwise.
19 GLEYBER TORRES | NY Yankees | Other Positions: SS
– this will be his last year SS eligible. Once he moved over to second, his hitting improved.
20 TY FRANCE | Seattle | Other Positions: 1B, 3B
– M’s are no longer just happy to be here – if he doesn’t hit enough, he won’t play enough.
21 NICK MADRIGAL | Chicago (NL)
-was a ROY favorite last year before being hurt – could be a big source of SB, BA.
OTHER MULTIPLE POSITION PLAYERS TO CONSIDER
Their other positions are in brackets. I’m not sure you’d want any of these guys rostered unless your league is pretty deep. However, you could make an argument that any of them could have been among the bottom five of the top 20 list, so have a look, anyway…
|Brendan Rodgers, Colorado (SS)||Ryan McMahon, Colorado (3B)|
|Josh Rojas, Arizona (LF, RF,SS,3B)||Luis Urias, Milwaukee (3B,SS)|
|Jeff McNeil, NY Mets (LF)||Garrett Hampson, Colorado (CF)|
|Gavin Lux, LA Dodgers (SS, LF, CF)||Eduardo Escobar, NY Mets (1B,3B|
|Enrique Hernandez, Boston (CF)||Brad Miller, ?? (1B, RF, LF)|